- Organic peas – Specification of product – ASK
Peas (lat. Pisum sativum) is a legume from leguminosae family.
It is one of the most widely spread legumes. Peas is an annual viny plant with flowers resembling colorful butterflies. Even though many of us consider it to be vegetable, it is actually fruit. Peas doesn’t like warm climate, so it grows from spring until the beginning of summer. It is also grown in autumn. The fruits are called pod and contain peas. The advantages of peas:
- The fruit of peas is an important source of proteins for people and animals
- The seeds contain about 2-3 times more proteins than grains
- It contains high levels of vitamins C, B1, B2, B3, also carotene and antioxidants
- It improves the blood circulation, It improves digestion and immune system
- It improves the hair and nail quality
Among legumes, peas and beans are the most important ones grown in ecological agriculture. Interestingly, the biggest producer and supplier of is Canada.